The Main Course

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

67 Burger

Brooklyn, NY
67burger.com



The Order: The Parisian, hamburger, medium rare. White wine sauteed onions, mushrooms and dijonaise. Add swiss ($.75)
Side order: Seasoned curly fries ($3.95)
$8 + $.75 + $3.95 = $12.70
Drink Order: Dr. Pepper
Burger Menu Rating: 12/15




Well! Its been quite a while since I've posted a review! Have you missed me? Missed reading about burgers? Well don't you worry. I've been busy, building up a whole slew of reviews for my lovely readers. Its 2012 now, and with all the holiday festivities and resolutions for a new year, I find myself a little behind. That being said, I'm not going to promise to make absolutely every week. Between my work schedule, and money, etc. its extremely difficult to make that happen. But I WILL try not to miss more than one week at a time. I think I can do that. As always, I need you to suggest burgers for me to go eat! And look forward to some special features this year, interviews, trips for special burgers, contests, and rewards! Anyways, enough blather. Onto the review!


This place means business! Excellent. So do I. No frills, the decor is plain and simple, making the focus of the entire experience the burgers. The staff are knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, and excited about helping make a decision. Based on my server's recommendation, I made my choice with ease and confidence and when my burger arrived, at first on the table, and then in my belly, I was not disappointed.

This is a BIG, and juicy, messy son of a bitch. Within seconds the plate and my hands were full of meat juices and dijonaise while the burger maintained its shape and form, daring me to continue eating. If you go here, you'll need AT LEAST two napkins, if not three, for this affair. And for $8, this burger is well worth it, both for the size and the quality of the ingredients. The white wine sauteed onions were delicious! The wine flavor wasn't completely cooked away, but the onions were still soft! And then the mushrooms still had a little bit of firmness to them, and the flavor both worked with, and competed with, the wine and the dijonaise for top billing in the flavor contest in my mouth, with no clear winner. The other toppings were crisp, fresh and tasty, not detracting from the burger in any way.

The fries here were also well worth it. $3.95 IS a bit steep for a side, but the basket was deceptively large, such that I couldn't finish the order of fries (gasp! I know. A travesty). Seasoned with Cajun spices, not overcooked, these fries were delicious. You'll also need a ton of napkins for these too.

They have a small selection of beer. You can also get turkey, grilled chicken, and two vegetarian options.




Cooked Correctly = 5pts
Presentation/Plating = 2pts
Design/Ingredients = 2.5pts
Value = 2.5pts

1 comment:

  1. Next time you go, let's meet up at Der Schwarze Kolner down the street.

    ReplyDelete