The Main Course

Friday, April 1, 2011

McDonald's

EVERYWHERE, USA!!



The Order: ANGUS DOUBLE DELUXE, medium rare. With 2 pieces of American cheese, red onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato and "SPECIAL SAUCE" on a sesame seed roll.
Side Order: Add fries and drink with meal
$7.59
Drink Order: Dr. Pepper



I was going to wait til next Wednesday to post this, but I just couldn't wait to tell you about this new burger because you ALL need to try this. Say what you want about McDonald's, but they have been at the forefront of the fast food chain industry since the late 1940s. And boy, oh boy, have they done it again. Now, I usually don't review fast food restaurants (In N Out excepted), but when I saw the ad for this new burger, I just had to try it. At first it didn't look like anything special, but the more I saw the ad, the more I realized I needed to try it. No subliminal messaging, it was just the picture of the burger that enticed me.

McDonald's has had their Angus 1/3 pound line of burgers for a while now. Angus Deluxe, Angus Bacon and Cheese, Angus Mushroom and Swiss: these were your options for a while. But they've gone and changed things up! You can now get doubles! So I ordered an Angus Double Deluxe. Of course, when it showed up in person it wasn't as beautiful as they made it in the ad, but it wasn't less than I expected. I mean, two 1/3 pound patties! Two pieces of cheese! And it was tasty! But here is why. See the picture above? Look at the color of the "Special Sauce" that came on the burger. It's pinkish isn't it? McDonald's is using THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING on their burgers now!! Oh. My. God. It's amazing! And a complete revelation. AND you can order your burger medium rare now! What?! Someone from McDonald's must have visited In N Out recently because they're stealing all their awesome tricks. Seriously McDonald's is changing up their game, and their game is now called WINNING.

As if that wasn't enough, did you notice the price I paid for the entire meal? Seems kind of low for a new burger meal right? That's because for today only, you can get a Angus Double Deluxe meal for the same price as a regular Angus Deluxe meal! NATIONWIDE! So get off your high horse, and go get one of these fantastic burgers! Don't forget to order it medium rare. And be amazed! I may just go back again today for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment